Hey everyone! It seems I say this every time, but sorry I’ve been MIA. Work has officially kicked me in the bum, and recently I’ve been obsessed with finding our ‘forever’ home. We don’t have a deadline, really, but we hope to find something amazing within the next year or so. While we know that there’s no such thing as a perfect house, a great school system, reasonable commute, a comfortable place for our kids and parents/in-laws, and a nice kitchen (though I realize this can be remodeled) all within our price range is being taken into account, so it’s a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Despite being able to ‘choice’ schools in the system for houses closer to work, if it’s not a guarantee on a specific house, I tend to be a little risk averse, so I think a longer commute and great school system is more likely (plus, these areas tend to have great trails, so lifestyle wise it would be great). I guess we’ll see!
I wanted to do a post about home daycare versus corporate daycare since I received so much great advice (especially from An Exacting Life and Shannon at Financially Blonde, thank you!), so I’ll be sure to write up the post and my experiences with it soon! In the meantime, let’s do another round of Pregnancy Notes: The Good, The Bad, and The Funny! Enjoy!
- I feel Flash’s movements grow stronger and stronger every week, and it is such an amazing feeling! He’s most active when it’s super hectic at work or at night when I’m trying to sleep, but I always welcome it.
- Said movements are starting to make my belly twitch and wiggle. B felt it when he had his arm around me and got so excited, I teared up. Ditto when my dad and sis-in-law felt it – their reactions were priceless.
- I am definitely showing more these days, which is great since it takes the guesswork from others whether I just let myself go or not after I got married. Here’s a recent pic from this past weekend!
- When I made my FB announcement, a couple of others told me they are preggo, too – I LOVE it, and love that I have some friends to compare notes with. :)
- The baby shower is set, and you best believe we are having a Padawan-themed party! I found this super cute invite on Etsy and our menu will be copied from these ideas, amongst other ones. My favorite is Boba Fettucini and Jar Jar Links in a Blanket. :)
- I didn’t really take into account that I’d not only gain weight in my belly, but hips and thighs, as well. I’ve been doing fine all summer with muumuu maxi’s, but I’ll definitely need to size up my maternity pants come Fall since I’m getting camel toe with my current ones.
- Initially they told me that a healthy pregnancy is about a 25-35 weight gain. At first, I thought, “okay, I’ll shoot for 25 since I’m pretty short.” Well, I’m about two-thirds there and now weighing in at 22 pounds heavier, sooo… 35 limit it is! ;)
- I unfortunately am getting bleeding gums, which is really gross when I wear my retainer (I think I’ve been grinding my teeth, too, at night).
- Unfortunately, I didn’t pass my 1 hour glucose test so I have to take the 3 hour test. Apparently, it’s common amongst my friends and probably people are age, but I just hope I don’t have gestational diabetes. Please send well wishes that I pass!
- Sometimes, Flash is breeched, so while I love his movements, when he treats my bladder like a trampoline that tends to not be my favorite! ;)
- I’m apparently well acclimated at work now, because a coworker said “Look, you practically have to stick your belly out to show that you’re pregnant.” Three weeks later, she was like, “Wow, you are GI-NORM!!” lol
- The weird dreams continue, sometimes about outlandish results at work and most recently a lot of naughty dreams. I told B about a naughty dream one day and his response was, “Is that why you were giggling?” wth?! lol
- I was at the doc’s one day and he had me lay down and lift up my maxi skirt while he put a blanket on top so he can check for Flash’s heartbeat on my belly. I was laying down already and said I couldn’t lift it up, thinking that he had slid the bed part of it so that my skirt was caught. Apparently I had a user-error moment since he responded with, “um, you need to lift your heels, it’s on the skirt.”
- Apparently I snore now, and one night I snored so loudly that I woke myself up. I wondered whether I had imagined it, but my nostrils were pretty sore.