Happy almost 3-day weekend, everyone… at least those residing in the U.S. I don’t know about you, but work kicked my tuckus this week, so I’m pretty excited for a long weekend. To kickstart, I thought I’d share some embarrassing or space cadet moments of my past. I know I’ve talked about when dates say something funny, as well as when my mom has her moments, but I am not immune to such antics. In fact, B’s snapping of his fingers as he yells out “A.D.D., look alive!” or “Hellloooo, McFly!” has been tossed around my household on more than one occasion, so without further ado:
1) Just recently, I was working my spreadsheet magic at work, when all of a sudden, my screen went black. Our computers are older so this happened before, but usually the screen turns grey. I called IT and they came up, but as soon as he sat on my chair, I figured out why it went black. Since I’m a shorty doo-wop and my legs dangle, apparently I was swinging my legs and kicked off the switch on the power strip. Again.
2) When I was in Hawaii and had one Mai Tai too many, I took a stroll on a starry night with my equally inebriated buddy. We planted ourselves to rest, and since I tend to think I’m way more philosophical and deep than I really am under the influence, in a soft voice I said, “The moon… it just seems so… far away.” Two minutes later, my friend said, “Um… it is far away.”
3) Back when I was a teen, my high school boyfriend and I were sitting in his car with the radio on and just making each other laugh. Well, when I laugh a bit too hard, a putt-putt might come out, and since he made me laugh incredibly hard, a putt-putt did come out. We both stopped laughing instantaneously and kind of looked surprised, and a few seconds later he turned up the radio and said, “Man, I really like this song.” His sweet gesture of switching the subject made me laugh even more, and when another putt-putt came out, he said, “Okay, I can’t ignore that one!” and we both laughed about it.
4) Taking it back to third grade, it was gymnastics week in P.E. and one of the things we had to do was jump off the springboard and leap over the horse. I was incredibly nervous since I hate doing anything in front of people, but when it came to my turn, I decided to bring my third-grade-zen in, took a deep breath, and ran for it. Well, as soon as I get to the springboard, the tip of my shoe caught underneath the board, I tripped, and BAM – faceplant on the springboard.
5) I was in a boring company-wide meeting and decided to skip out early. Since I was in the front row, I wanted to be discreet, so I decided to take the exit near the front. Well, when I opened the door and walked out, it turned out to be a closet where they kept the A.V. equipment. I have since learned to look for the “Exit” sign on top of doors.
6) When watching “300″ and the main character’s wife stabbed the conniving guy and it was found out that he was really working for the bad guys since gold coins were coming out of his satchel, I thought the council was saying “Treasure!!” I thought that was a bit inappropriate and didn’t really understand it… on my third time watching it, I discovered that they were really saying “Traitor!” which completely makes more sense.
I can’t be the only one to have these space cadet moments, so please don’t leave me hanging and share your moments! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone