Last week, I posted a Week 2 challenge filled with health and budgeting fun, and here are my results from it:
1) Run 4 times a week for 20 miles total, with a 6 mile “long” run – Pass! I’m still slow as molasses due to a layoff in running during the Fall, but I completed the mileage so at least I’m getting some endurance back.
2) Weights week -one back/bi session, one chest/tri session, one delts/legs session – Pass!
3) 2 sweets only – FAIL. Let’s just say stuffing my face vs. projecting it on to B this past week was better for our relationship, because let’s face it, I’m not always a nice person and no one wants to see a grown man cry. 😉
4) No more than ~$100 for food/going out/gas – FAIL. I was close since I spent under $113, but I still went over $100.
5) Post on Ebay or donate 5 articles of clothing and 2 pairs of shoes – Pass! And not only parsed it out, but I put all of it out there, plus put a couple of bags into the donations bin in a shopping strip near me.
I also realized I didn’t do the math with Johnny Moneyseed’s wants challenge last week, so I tabulated my “wants” from last week’s and this week’s spending. I kind of eyeballed the calculations, but I probably spent about $100 per week on wants, which in a course of a year is $5200. That was eye opening, because this is me actually trying to tame my wants. Looking at the list, though, I don’t think I would necessarily cut out time with friends or family (and I suppose I “need” headphones for my runs because it’s not very fun listening to me mouth breathe for miles and miles on end), but maybe I can cinch in the belt a bit more so that I’m shaving off a couple thousand this year.
As I predicted, even though it’s kept me accountable with running and spending, I’ve already grown bored with posting weekly challenges. Maybe I’ll do monthly ones instead, but who knows how long that will last. I figure as long as I’m putting in my miles, staying aware of my spending, and trying to keep my hands outta the cookie jar, I should be okay.
Cop out? Probably. 🙂 Have a great weekend!