Since it’s pretty much the end of March (and if the stars align, I’ll have some offline tree-hugging time this weekend), I’m happy to report that I am now $1168 free of debt, with a current balance of $8479 to go. In addition to my normal repayment, I put ~$200 of my Ebay sales towards the debt despite my gifts allocations for April and May, although all the nice stuff sold quickly so I don’t expect that to happen next month. I’m still thinking of ways to create more side income, but I admit I don’t put a lot of effort in it. In my defense, I help out B with his side business, so I’m not completely lazy… just a tad bit of a beach bum, is all.
I’ve also decided to continue with goals but making them monthly, since it sounds like it might be interesting to read (at least for one or two people), and I do admit it helped me stay accountable. So here are my April goals:
1) Run 75 miles, with 2 hill repeats sessions on Torrey Pines (pictured above) – Torrey is actually straight ahead and a bum kicker (it’s part of La Jolla Half Marathon), but the ocean views are a good distraction.
2) Meet all the calisthenic metrics (burpees, side planks with push-ups, walking lunges, push-ups), and 4 each of back/bi, chest/tri, delts/legs sessions – I won’t go through every session, but I almost always do 4 sets of 20 with medium weights, with 2-3 different exercises per body part.
3) 12 sweets this month.
4) Stick to or go under $600 in expenses (groceries, going out, gas, gifts, miscellaneous), and meet a 25% want metric.
5) Study Spanish for at least 10 hours – I know I should be practicing daily, but sometimes it’s challenging when I’m juggling other things that might be more important
like eating bon-bons and watching trash TV on my couch.
6) 4 new healthy recipes – I tend to cook for taste, and while I’m pretty good about portion control, B might not be – he’s muscular, but he may or may not have packed on some pounds since I came into the picture. :p I’d like to find 4 healthy recipes (perhaps paleo) so I can mix it in with my dozen or so stand-by recipes that I tend to make.
I’ll do a midpoint check in to keep me accountable, and will keep track with the spreadsheet below (probably click to see clearly):
I’m excited for April, and actually love the name until that awful Avril singer ruined it for me. If anyone has any April goals or delicious paleo recipes that I should try out, I’d love to hear them! 🙂