Loosely inspired by Johnny Moneyseed’s confession, except I go on tangents (oh, that’s weird). You should read his post if you haven’t yet, though!
1) There are two things I don’t share in life – my man and my food. I might offer you some of the latter, but inside I don’t really mean it and hope you say no.
2) Since I’ve been on my spending abstinence, things I’ve turned down include, but are not limited to: NKOTB reunion tickets (I don’t think I would’ve gone to this, anyway), Amy Schumer tickets (this was hard, she’s HI-larious), random holiday-themed or colorful socks when I shop at Target (seriously, I think I would auto-pilot put them in my cart before), paragliding for my birthday with a February birthday friend (whom I skydived with when we entered our 30’s). Who knows what else if I was still looking at flash sale sites or malls, which I’ve avoided and will probably continue to do so.
3) I’m a germaphobe and don’t use the towel service at my gym, though I do use the towels and sheets at hotels. I guess it’s because I see the people at the gym and what they do with said towels, and it grosses me out.
4) I eat all meals with a knife and fork, even pizza, burritos, and burger and fries. I don’t like the smell of it on my hands, and after I cook, I wash my hands
a couple of times a lot. I blame my tenure at Togo’s and always smelling like onions and pickles afterward.
5) I try not to judge when people wear socks with sandals, but I do.
6) Investing terminology still freaks me out a bit that once I read something with 5 unfamiliar terms, I kind of shut down and watch Tosh.0 or something comparable. You know, brain food. 😉 I do challenge myself to overcome this anxiety and gain more knowledge, though!
7) B and I play thumb war constantly. I’ve found I win the most when he’s asleep or engrossed in a movie.
8) Whenever I see a loved one spend carelessly or needlessly, I have an internal desire to discuss all the personal finance topics I’ve learned to “convert” them to the debt-free side or more modest living. However, since I am not there myself (yet!), I shut my trap as I have a tendency to say things with evangelical enthusiasm.
Have a great weekend 🙂