Hey beautiful, do you believe in love at first sight or do I have to walk past you again? Everyone feeling awkward yet? 🙂
So it’s the end of May, and I paid down $528 of my debt. Not as amazeballs as previous months, but given some splurges and car repairs, it is what it is. I thought I’d also share how I did on my May goals:
1) Run 80 miles, with 2 “speed” sessions (speed to me, at least) – Pass, contingent upon me completing my 5 and 3 miler tomorrow and Friday. I’m loving how it’s already light out by 5 a.m., which helps me sneak in both running and lifting before I have to go to work.
2) More weights sessions, 2 upper body (arms, chest, back, abs) and 2 lower body (legs, booty, lower back, abs) per week – PASS! I’ll probably focus more on this in June, since I love me some tank tops.
3) 2 sweets a week – PASS! Even with the evil temptresses at work who give me their leftover candy.
4) Stick to or go under $600 in expenses (groceries, going out, gas, gifts, miscellaneous), and meet a 25% want metric – FAIL, with total at $633.25. I’m kinda close, but no cigar. I also spent over $400 on my splurges, but honestly, I loved it – my toiletries are fully stocked, I got my hair did, and I have contacts for the rest of the year. I reassessed my retainers and think it can last a few more months (especially after seeing my friend’s busted looking retainers, which I happily clowned them on), so I didn’t buy any.
5) Study Spanish for at least 1 hour, 3 times a week – Passed on my hours, Failed on three times a week. In the beginning of the month, my friend was getting married who was
a major bridezilla enthusiastically detail-oriented, so I helped out which took up a lot of my free time. I still managed to study, though, especially since we’re leaning towards South America for our honeymoon.
6) Veggies in every meal, including breakfast, at least 4 days a week – PASS! This was easy, though, since egg quiches are easy to make. I’ve been in the habit of having a cooking marathon on a weekend day so it’s less work during the week.
For June, I think I might take a break from any set goals, though I do still plan on running and lifting, as well as keeping on track with a budget and learning Spanish. As for wedding plans, we found a new place that, where the previous one we mutually agreed upon, this place we’re mutually excited about. The reception venue is slightly offbeat, kinda geeky, and fairly casual – ya know, 100% us! I’ll update once it’s confirmed.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!