Happy Friday, everyone! I thought I’d share some wedding updates since 1) I’m pretty excited that things are coming along and 2) I think B’s sick of me talking about it so I’ll just write about it instead.
1) Reception booked! The deposit has been placed on our venue, which has been a huge relief. I decided to not reveal the place until after the fact since I didn’t want it so publicly displayed on the weird world web, but I’m happy to email or DM it.
2) The Homey Hook-up! Though I’ll have to pay for the nice quality paper (though at really discounted prices), my friend who makes invitations as her side hustle has kindly agreed to create, custom design (depending on the guest), and assemble my invites, place cards, and announcements for me! Not only that, but she’s making it thematic with the venue, and the first run is so incredibly fun without being kitschy since the materials are so nice. It’s just below the budget I set for invites (since I was initially going with a simple DIY version), plus they’re so cute, I love them!
3) The Homey Hook-up Part Two. My wedding planner friend is giving me the hook up with photographers, dj’s (if our one friend doesn’t pan out), and florist, which I couldn’t be more thankful for since I like having a personal reference to a vendor. Plus, I’m hoping to at least get some sort of discount, though we’ll see how successful I am in this realm. He’s also given me (a lot) of solid advice and creative alternatives, since he knows I’m
cheap trying to keep things simple. I’m surprised he hasn’t unfriended me on FB with my barrage of questions, but I’m thankful he’s there for support.
4) Centerpieces and aesthetic stuff make me not so excited. I do not have one decorating bone in my body (our place is spartan in nature due to my lack of creativity and aversion to dusting), so when my mom offered to help I was all too happy to give that girly-girl the centerpieces duty. Her house is beautifully decorated so it was the perfect fit, and she’s been all about it with her frequent text and email updates. Her enthusiasm is pretty adorable.
5) Wedding website almost complete. I signed up for a wedding website for our guests, and it’s been fun writing our story, bridal party stories, etc., plus B liked what I wrote so that’s a good feeling. B and my dad have mostly been taking care of the logistical portions like accommodations and sites to see, so it should be ready to launch once we send out the invitations.
6) Budget. I’m not going to lie, my parents are funding the venue and catering for the reception, and I am all too eternally grateful for this. This is the biggest chunk of the budget, and it’s really lifted some serious financial worries (at least for me). I know I am blessed with this extremely generous gift.
Hrm, when I write it all down, it doesn’t seem like a lot, but I guess with all the driving, researching, paying deposits, etc., it feels like a lot. More updates as they develop, but any tips or words of wisdom are appreciated!