Happy Thursday, everyone! I thought I’d share updates on a monthly basis since posting kind of helps me feel organized and helps me reassess what the heck I’ve been doing all month. Hope it’s not turning people off!
1) Wedding favors decided – It’s a little tchotchke (luggage tags in the shape of airplanes), but it’s a practical one that goes with our aeronautical theme, plus I’m going to use them for the seating assignment card thingy. #multipurpose
2) Groomsmen outfit picked – since it’s winter we figured medium to dark grey slacks, and the groomsmen will wear just a vest while he’ll wear a jacket in addition. B even thought of the guys wearing a tie in our primary theme color (purple) and he’ll wear one in our accent color (red), which I thought was the cutest idea. Who knew underneath that t-shirt and cargo shorts exterior was an inner fashionisto?!
3) Pre-Cana class – one of two is completed, and there was a lot more people than I thought would be there (like 100 at least). We had to do this scantron test seeing if we’ve talked about things related to marriage – though some were religious, I think most of the questions are good for any marriage since it asked if we’ve discussed finances, kids, addictions, family’s perspectives and pressures, etc. We’re supposed to get our results by this Friday, so I’ll probably share that. Another interesting thing that one of the counselors pointed out is that the U.S. is heading to Europe’s trend where we’re not reproducing at a rate where we used to (insinuating we’re “dying off” as a species) – I am pretty doubtful of what he said, so I’m going to look into that. If anyone knows anything or has thoughts about this, please share.
5) I’m 84.56% sure I’m going to say yes to a dress! When I put it on, I totally gasped, but the lady was also pulling tight on the corset at the back so that probably had something to do with it. When I told GMD about it, she asked if it was within budget (Oh PF mom! ;)), and truth be told it’s a couple hundred above my high point. However, I found a place online where I can get $300 off my next purchase, which I can then use for my bridal party gifts, so it can eventually be a wash? I’m trying out more dresses with my girls on the 26th just to see if I can find something more economical, though.
6) Homey Hook-Up Part 3! A loved mentor back in my college days hooked me up with her friend who’s offering to do our photography at half the price of market rates, and throwing in engagement pictures! I love her style because it’s more natural and less Photoshoppy (though I told her it’s okay to erase the fine lines), so I’m all too excited about this. B was still unsure about the price, but when he did some research and figured out that hers was half the price, not gonna lie, I eeked out a “told ya so!” as I pumped my fist in the air (well, not really, but I mildly gloated).
This is actually taking a lot more time than I thought, mostly with communicating things back and forth with my parents, B, and vendors… and then having to repeat myself when I’m asked questions I just spoke about a day ago. 😉 I do think about it if the opposite were to occur (if someone else was looking into the different aspects and reporting back to me), and know I wouldn’t like that since I’m too much of a control freak to not know what’s going on. So, I pretty much just have to pipe down and keep doing what I’m doing. Thankfully, B doesn’t feel that I’m being control freak, but thinks that I’m just managing the ordeal as best as I can, so I love how supportive he’s being!
Do you think we’re dying off as a species? Can you tell I was typing this like how the Micro-Machines guy used to talk in the commercials? Oh man, I just aged myself with that question, didn’t I?