Hi everyone – I’ve been couch-surfing these past few days as my cold ended up being acute bronchitis, but I thought I’d give another wedding update! I talked about the retreat during the last post, but here are the other things going on this past month:
1) Website finalized and invites sent out! My dad endearingly asked who my calligrapher was for the invite envelopes, and because I lack a mouth-filter with him I replied George Washington’s grandma if she’s available. Thankfully, he knows my humor… but our invite isn’t really formal, so I just ran the envelope through the printer. We also opted to use Wanderable instead of Honeyfund (no affiliates), since I thought the design looked cleaner and more fun. Plus, I love throwing my support to women entrepreneurs.
2) Cupcake decision made! We’re going with a 6″ topper and multitude of cupcakes, and for the flavors we chose dark chocolate with fudge icing and tiramisu with latte and italian swirl butter cream. As much of a chocoholic as I am, I actually loved the latter more, and I know my guests will love it.
3) DJ still pending – this was actually a tough decision since originally we asked a friend who is going to be a guest to DJ, which he wanted to but he doesn’t have equipment. I then had a homey hook-up, but he kind of gave ‘tude to Ben and no one talks to my boo like that! So we’re still figuring it out… we went to a bridal bazaar and there was a pretty cool female DJ there, so we might go with her. I’ve also figured out off-peak is the way to go, since every DJ seemed to have a discount.
4) Rehearsal dinner place picked! B spearheaded the choice and he picked an excellent spot. We wanted to go to Old Town at a Mexican restaurant where we first met, but parking is usually a nightmare, never mind for a bunch of us. The place he chose is super close to the church, reasonably priced, pretty Cathedral windows, great food – gold star for B!
5) Confession: my bridal beauty budget is kinda high since I need all the help I can get (though still trying to aim for ~$500, including trial runs). I’m planning on having a make-up air brush artist, hair stylist, eyelash extensions, and mani/pedi. Except for the occasional deep tissue massage (love the pain!), I rarely get any of those things and won’t probably ever again, so I’m splurging (okay, I know this isn’t really great PF thinking, but I’m okay with it. :)).
6) Confession part deux: I’m kinda glad that Harry at Your PF Pro (great site and guy, btw) is hiring a wedding coordinator, as we are, as well. As you can see from the envelopes above, we’re having quite a few guests (and their +1’s and possible kids), so while we’re doing everything we can to work on the things leading up to the wedding, we’re also planning to hire a day of (like two weeks and day of) coordinator so we can truly enjoy the day. This was actually a bone of contention between B and I, as he didn’t think we needed one. But after hearing some feedback from some of our friends, as well as me finding one at half the rate of an original quote, he agreed (well, acquiesced if we’re being honest).
That’s it so far – I still have to get on the ball with a florist, wedding bands, etc. I’m curious to see how many people had coordinators or are thinking about getting one, and what are the “must do” priorities for their checklists versus bridal party duties (I kind of don’t want to put a lot on the latter, since I view them more as guests that I want to have fun).