Hi everyone! First off, thank you so much for all your thoughts on my last post – it seriously helped me reconsider some situations that could have ended up really sticky, so thank you! As An Exacting Life mentioned, at least when people do ask, I can do so with enthusiasm, so there’s that ray of hope!
Anyway, I have the half-marathon this Sunday with the lovely Tonya (so the highlight of the weekend!). My training has been meh overall, but I think I’ll at least be able to complete it, and I’m glad I had this training since it seemed to give me more life balance and helped with my efficiency with the projects on my plate (my Spanish and reading goals for 2014 are another story, though, but it’s only January, right?). Speaking of stuff on my plate, here’s more wedding updates!
1) Venue/ catering/ coordinator walk-through completed. B and I met with the venue director, catering lead, and day-of coordinator to set the plan for where the bar, tables, and stations will go. It was pretty easy since the catering has been at that venue before, so they were able to offer suggestions that made the area flow and become cohesive.
2) Card box selected! My friends that went to the bridal shower know I’m cuckoo for
Cocoa Puffs Etsy so they hooked me up with this rotating wedding card box from one of the vendors. We’ll replace our travel pics (we didn’t do engagement pics) with wedding pictures and have as decoration for our place (with our wedding cards inside).
3) Ceremony verses/music selected! We decided on having a full Mass, and we made our verses and music selections (Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring for bridesmaids, Canon in D for when I walk down with my parents). Since I selected the procession music, I asked B to choose the one after – he selected Hornpipe which wasn’t my first selection since it’s a little fast-paced and I’ll be wearing heels (plus he’s a fast walker to begin with), but I’ll just cling on to him for dear life when we leave. 🙂
4) Airport transportation – I don’t know if I ever mentioned this, but we were able to reduce our airfare by over $2k by flying out of TJ (flying out of SD internationally is always crazy expensive, and it was still $1k cheaper than flying out of LAX). There’s shuttles that offer pick-up services, but I think one of our guests will drive us to and fro as our wedding gift – hope this works out, but if it doesn’t, I’m pretty sure it was still the most cost effective route.
5) Bridal shower thank-you’s – since I type more often than not, my handwriting has become atrocious! I’ll have to see if I can buy the wedding thank you’s prior to our honeymoon if my 2-3 cards a day is any indication.
6) Lots of get-togethers – there’s a lot of events going on than just the wedding, what with our parents/siblings meeting that week, the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner the night prior, and then a brunch the day after (my dad’s idea, he’s so sociable). It’s taken some time coordinating all those things and sending out the Evite with the rehearsal dinner, but thankfully they’re well on their way.
7) Ceremony programs and reception menus – initially I wasn’t going to give hand outs at the church, but thought it might be useful to know our ties to the ceremony participants, and for directions to the reception. We might also do menus at the reception, which I didn’t initially want, but I’d like guests to know what each station is, that there’s a “Quiet Room” in case they have infants that need a mellow space, and to send phone pictures to us so we can feel part of their table. We figured we’d only need 3 or so per table, though, rather than each person.
Alright, friends, I hope you have a great weekend, and since B is a die-hard Seahawks fan – Go Hawks! 🙂