Hi everyone – I hope your 2014 is starting out amazing so far! This lady sure is – not only did she pay off over $5k of debt in December, but she also got engaged – congrats again, girl! Anyway, shall I continue with more wedding updates? Don’t mind if I do.
1) Make-up booked! I love the person I chose – she used airbrush make-up which looked really nice, and she combined fake lashes with my real lashes that looked fantastic so I’ve decided against eyelash extensions (which after some research, I guess it ruins your real lashes so this is probably a good thing). I booked trial before an all day outing, and it kept up so long as I powdered in regular intervals to avoid looking Dali-melted. 🙂
2) Bridesmaids gifts completed! I’m inept at picking out jewelry, so I opted to give them cute clutches, a heart-shaped purse holder with their name personalized on it, and make-up. I took advantage of some sales, as well as double rewards on Ebates (thanks Roger, for letting me know about it!). The readers are my brother and my best friend from high school (a guy), so I have to still figure what to get them. Any ideas?
3) Honeymoon flights booked! Despite having to be on the phone for over 4 hours since going online wasn’t working out, they’re booked and I’m beyond thrilled that we’ll be paying a visit to South America! We’re only doing one tour package for one region for 3-4 days, and the rest we’ll try to wing it, as well as do a mix of Air BnB and hotels since one area is pricier than the other.
4) Guest list almost confirmed. I’m starting to plan out the seating arrangements (originally I was opposed to this and thought I would give guests free reign, but I’d like super special loved ones to have the best seats in the house… plus I may or may not be trying to play cupid with a few people going as singles ;)). Our attendance rate is in the range of what we expected, though there’s going to be a ton of kids/babies. I love how they boogie down on the dance floor, though, so I’m excited!
5) Wedding bands chosen! We went with Blue Nile (no affiliate) and chose a semi-eternity for myself and tungsten carbide for B since this sounds harder to scratch. Not gonna lie, his hand has never looked sexier as it did when he tried it on! 😉
6) Reception timeline somewhat set. We spoke with the DJ for hours last night, and she was really thorough with a Q&A period about us, speaking with us individually, talking about our parents and every member of the bridal party, talked a lot about music genres and what percentage of each, and what we envision. It was challenging to think of anecdotes on the fly, but I’m sure we’ll finalize things down the line.
7) Bridal shower and probably rehearsal dinner dress picked. I chose this dress, which was a bit more sequin-y in person than online, but I think I can pull it off for day wear with the right shoes. I love it, don’t even have to make alterations like usual, got a great deal online, will probably just wear it to both the shower and rehearsal/dinner, as well as my friend’s annual black and white party in a few months to get the most bang out of my cost per use.
Now that it’s coming to a head, I’ll probably write more frequent updates so feel free to tune these out if you’re over it. It helps me figure out what still needs to be done, and the way these next couple of months are looking, it’s going to take some time coordinating with vendors, figuring out readings/songs for the ceremony, and making time for logistics like getting the license, follow ups, and walk-throughs. Overall, I’m pretty excited that it’s coming, though! 🙂
Are you planning any big events for 2014?