Hi everyone – lots went down the last couple of weeks with wedding stuff, so let’s cut to the chase and get on with the updates!
1) I had my bridal shower! My mom and bridesmaids did an amazing job, and it was the perfect amount to really catch up with my friends and family. It was Parisian-themed so there were macarons galore (oh man, such a fan now!), and all the games were super fun. At the end, my sis-in-law had a video of B where he was asked a few questions and I was asked to guess his answers. For the most part we were on the same wavelength since I knew what his childhood nickname was and how many kids we’d like, but he’s so practical and literal that when I answered “buy a house!” to “what’s the first thing you would do if you won the lottery,” he answered with “go out to dinner.” lol
My mom was completely hilarious and all my friends loved her, not only because she has a cute personality all-around, but when it came to the gifts, she gave me the two-sided eye mask in the picture, a really elegant night wear outfit, and a really racy one that 1) should really come with instructions and 2) I’d probably need to stretch and warm up before trying it on. I get it mom, you want grandkids stat. lol Love her! 🙂
2) Air BnB is pretty darn amazing for our honeymoon lodging! I started trolling around Air BnB and found a really cool place in one city with great views and lots of positive reviews (plus two adorable kitties). Not only that, but once I booked, the owner already gave me information on reciprocity fees and the best/ least expensive way to get to her digs. I’m super impressed and can’t wait to meet her and check out the living situation!
After this stop, we’re going to another section where it’s kind of a package deal (hotel/tours), and after that we’re going to our final destination. The hotel prices are reasonable, but we checked out Air BnB again and found a sweet looking trendy studio that pretty much looks like a hotel but at a lesser price, and with the convenience of having a kitchen (since we don’t like to eat out all the time), a gym, rooftop pool, washer/dryer (coin-operated), and in a cool area with easy transport access.
3) Must-have shots list. We’re meeting with the photographer at the end of the month, and after reading Kali’s post about her photographer, I’d like to work on the ‘must have’ list our photog recommended to ensure we have lots of shots of our loved ones. If anyone has any recommendations (or horror stories), I’d love to hear any ideas I might not have thought of!
4) Seating arrangements is 90% done – it was actually pretty fun since it was like playing a game of who knew whom, and people I’d like to get to know for either networking or romantic purposes (I only have a 50% success rate with the latter, but hey, when you know two people who are so amazing, you just want them to meet!). We’re going to hand out our lists to our parents so they can figure out their guests’ arrangements, and it will be complete.
5) Church readings and meeting with the wedding coordinator. We’ve selected most of our church readings (I know the “Love is kind…” is pretty overplayed, but it’s the best one from the selections, and I still have to choose one from the Old Testament – any suggestions?), and we’re meeting with the cantor/organist this weekend to discuss the music. The church also has a wedding coordinator (didn’t know until last week), who we have to schedule with to discuss the ceremony walk-through, give us ideas on announcements, etc.
6) Final fitting done! I loved the cinching at the hips since it gave me a bit more form, and I didn’t know beforehand but it’s a good idea to have a bridesmaid (or someone) with you at the final fitting so she/he can learn how to bustle the train afterward. Mine has a 7-point bustle, and while it seems easy enough, she did a great job with making it really seamless so I just hope they can find it the day of (looking underneath the lace helps, though). I also ended up buying my veil on Ebay since, even at 50% off, the veils at the store were pretty ridiculous. It’s not the greatest quality, but I’m only wearing it for an hour or so, so it didn’t seem worth it to spend a lot.
7) Reception walk-through tomorrow – I’m meeting with the venue director, catering lead, and my coordinator tomorrow to do a run-through of where things will go, so I’ll update in the next round!