Hello everyone – I hope you had a wonderful weekend! My cousin had his wedding this past Saturday and it was a blast – both of them are really outgoing and hilarious, so there was a lot of dancing, festivities, and general hamming up all around. B and I are pretty shy so ours will be a lot more mellow, but I’m definitely ready for ours to happen and I just hope that things will go as well as they can be. I figure we have the priest, the food, and the booze, so everything else is just icing on the cake, yes? 😉
1) Timelines for the vendors and bridal party – Michelle hooked me up with her wedding timeline/ vendors/ bridal party instructions, so I’m modeling mine after that. The ‘duties’ are pretty light, but I’d at least like my bridesmaids to remind me to eat at regular intervals to avoid the Anna-Monster from being unleashed.
2) I am semi-DIY’ing the ceremony programs and menus. I tried to find a free template for our ceremony programs and menus since we didn’t want to spend a lot of money, but I found the process really overwhelming and time consuming. Instead, I chose this design from an Etsy vendor, who was affordable, extremely responsive, and helpful, so I highly recommend her! She made our ceremony programs in Regency (purple), and our menus, place cards (I got lazy and thought this would pull on our color themes better), and table numbers in Apple (red) since we’ll have purple table cloths. My friend who made my invitations gifted card stock for us that matched our invites, so we’re very thankful for that.
3) My SD girls surprised me with a mini-bachelorette party! It was a hilarious sight, as we went to one of my favorite wine bars, though none of us drank since I’m trying not to until the wedding, and all of my friends who went are either nursing or pregnant. 🙂 It was so much fun and thoughtful, and I don’t have to buy underthings for practically the next two years – yay!
4) Reader/groomsmen/parents gifts. I have now learned that my soon-to-be-hubby is quite the procrastinator, so I had to basically throw out ideas to him with clickable links so that he could figure out his groomsmen gifts (personalized beer mugs with funny sayings). Since our readers are my brother and best friend, I gave them the same thing, and we bought personalized frames for our parents.
5) B is ‘sponsoring’ me for another half-marathon for his Valentine’s Day gift! He doesn’t understand my love of overpriced races (#Iamasuckerforpinkraceshirts), but he at least supports me. I think it’s the perfect stress reliever for after the wedding, and if I become injured, at least we have a long plane ride to our honeymoon to help me recoup… at least that’s how I justify it!
6) Not gonna lie, the bridezilla has been emerging somewhat. For the most part, it’s containable, as I mostly get snippy at B for not communicating things in an effective manner (I quickly apologize when I know I’ve crossed the line, though). However, I am up to my ears of people who make this about them with some family drama that went down. I won’t get into it, but I honestly don’t understand some family/cultural dynamics sometimes.
Alright, enough about that vent – for the most part it’s just all the communication and time involved with this, from dinner with our parents meeting, rehearsal dinner communications, to actual day of communications with vendors. As much as I enjoyed the process, this end month is a lot of work, and I’m just ready to ‘give birth’ to this wedding. I asked my friends if this is what being pregnant is like, and my favorite answer came from my friend who said, “Nope, you get more sympathy and casseroles when you’re pregnant.” Love it!
To those that celebrate, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and I’d love to hear if you have any plans! I’ll probably put B to work with cutting up our place cards and menus since I’m a big romantic like that. 😉