Hi everyone – holy canoli, only 30 more days until we ring in the new year! I’m starting to formulate some 2014 goals, so I think for December my goals are to “finish strong” financially and mostly fine tune some of those 2014 details (and realistically throw out some lofty or out-of-my-control ones). Here’s what went down in November with things that I usually update about:
1) Debt repayment – I cannot tell a lie, I didn’t complete Michelle’s Black Friday Challenge and pay off my credit card debt, though she managed to pay off *two* so be sure to go over and congratulate her! I did manage to pay off $300 which brings my total to $3789. I’ll for sure pay off credit card by 2013, and thinking about just taking the remaining balance from my EF/savings and have all debts ($3789) completely paid off. I figured why not start 2014 anew, I’d rather pay back myself than those darn companies, and the remaining is a balance that I feel somewhat comfortable parting with. I always worry about poo hitting the fan, but know that if it came to that, B’s got my back. Should I just do it?
2) Fitness – I’ve been somewhat following Jamie Eason’s workouts, and starting to see results strength-wise with frequenting heavier dumbbells more, as well as making gains in squats (though this is attributed to B, since I join him during “Leg Day” and he definitely pushes me past my comfort zone
despite him being the most awful testosterone-driven meanie who tells me to suck it up when I whine about how heavy something is). Physically, I’ve only lost a couple of pounds, but my clothes fit better at least.
3) Half-marathon training – I’m getting in 3-4 runs a week and my longest has been a 7 miler. It’s been nice, but so chilly con carne outside!
4) Nutrition – this area could for sure use more work, especially with Trader Joe’s bringing back my seasonal BFF, dark chocolate covered shortbread cookies. Nom to the nom! Besides, isn’t it good for carb-loading for my runs?
And now, onto my favorite updates – the wedding!
1) DJ picked! She’s given awesome ideas, such as introducing us to the Vitamin String Quartet of which I am *loving* their rendition of Viva La Vida. We’re toying with the idea of playing them throughout the dinner and making it a game where our guests will guess which songs they are (like Bohemian Rhapsody, Thrift Shop, Don’t Stop Believin’). It’s kinda cheesy, but also kinda us. 🙂
2) Florist picked! Flowers aren’t really high on my priority list so I was having a mild heart attack at the cost of really simple flowers, but we found a really cool guy at practically half the price. Not only that, but he took the time to leaf through pages and examples with me, explaining different flowers, and has beautiful ideas for my bouquet (a round and neat mix of anemones and lisianthus in deep purple, with specks of mini red roses).
3) Honeymoon taking shape. I told B I really want to go to one area of South America, he agreed it would be awesome and wants to add on another area, and he’s starting to work on this aspect thanks to some oh-so-very-subtle hints I’ve given like “um, so you got this, right?” 😉 But in all seriousness, we both started working on this during the long weekend (him prior), so it’s been exciting.
4) Wedding dress fitting – I went for my first fitting and I absolutely can’t wait to wear it, and campaigning for Wedding Dress Fridays in lieu of Casual Fridays at work, so hopefully it’ll pan out. 😉 I heard that tailoring costs a pretty penny and this is accurate, but I was at least prepared for it. I’m wondering how the the re-sell prospect will work out with how it’s being tailored since I’m tailoring the hem, as well as the hips/tush part so it’s less A-line and more form-fitting. I think I’d have to sell locally so people can try it on to see if it works out for them. I’ve also decided on these shoes, though will probably drop down to flats once we start dancing.
5) Hairstyle picked – I’m going for this hairstyle and I’m going with my usual hairstylist whom I love and trust. I need to figure out make-up still.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week – so crazy that there’s only a few weeks left in 2013! Make it some great ones. 🙂