couple of few months ago, Ashley over at The Broccoli Blog nominated me for the Liebster Award, and most recently awhile ago E.M. at Journey to Saving and DebtFreeOneDay at Disease Called Debt did, as well. Thanks for thinking of me, lovelies!
I was curious to know who this Liebster character was and how I can hit him/her up for my schwag bag like they have in the Oscars, but alas I’ve discovered it simply means “dearest” in German, and it’s a way for new bloggers to get to know other bloggers. Since y’all know I love talking about myself, I’m all sorts of honored! Here are the rules, and my answers from the first four questions of each blogger that nominated me are below:
– post 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you (I’ve technically answered 12, since I’ve always been a fan of extra credit)
– pass the award onto 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions of your own
– select blogs with 200 or less followers (but not the blogger who nominated you)
11 Random Facts:
1) I like that my name is a palindrome.
2) I like waking up while it’s still dark outside.
3) I’m not a good person when I’m hungry.
4) I was two weeks late coming out, and have been a late bloomer ever since.
5) I’d like to have kids, but pregnancy kind of freaks me out.
6) I’m pretty shy in person, but once I know you I don’t shut up (much to B’s dismay haha)
7) Even though I don’t think it really does anything, I use apple cider vinegar for most ailments since a lot of old wives’ tails suggest that.
8) I want to explore as much of South America and Asia as I possibly can.
9) I don’t understand mean or malicious people, nor do I want to.
10) I love stand-up comedy and have a high respect for people in the business.
11) If I ever catch myself getting frustrated in first world problems, I check myself before I wreck myself and practice gratitude.
12 Questions from my fellow nominators (in order, from Ashley, E.M., and Debt Free One Day:
1. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
I’m a musicals geek and love “Guys and Dolls.”
2. What is your favorite workout?
3. Do you have any pets?
No, and even the responsibilities of watering plants have been given to B (and we mostly have cacti, awesome!)
4. What’s your favorite city that you’ve been to?
Nothing but love for my San Diego!
5) Why did you start blogging, what topic do you blog about, and why do you blog about it?
I mostly talk about personal finance-ish stuff, because I figured publicly
humiliating myself making myself accountable with my debt would make me more motivated to get rid of it once and for all. I would have never thought that I would meet such amazing and supporting people, but I’m glad I have!
6) What is your favorite place to vacation in?
I loved Costa Rica and Thailand.
7) What is your favorite meal to eat? Care to share a recipe?
I love Mexican and Thai, but a fan of this one-skillet pasta dish (I use spicy chicken or turkey sausage, use two cans of tomatoes, and skip the cream).
8) Do you enjoy doing household tasks like laundry, cleaning the dishes, and vacuuming?
Yes, I think cooking and washing dishes/clothes is relaxing.
9) What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
I loved it, but people seem to think skydiving (even tandem) was scary.
10) Where were you five hours ago?
Getting my gym on.
11) What is your life’s ambition?
To travel as much as possible, and to hopefully have kids with my sidekick.
12) What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
I’ve had stitches galore, but secretly like the scars from them and wear them like badges of accident-prone honor.
Here are my 11 questions:
And here’s who I nominate (I’m totally cheating as I’m pretty sure they have way more than 200 followers… it’s not like Liebster’s going to call me out since he’s nonexistent and all):